安省省提名办公室今日发布通告，称将针对目前较热门的雇主担保及硕士移民省提名项目做出改革，由抢名额变为邀请制。此项变动在加拿大各省热门提名项目中早见端倪，任何一个项目过于火爆，在经历 2-4 年抢名额制度后都会引入 EOI 打分邀请制度。
目前安省省提名办公室给出 45 天的评论期，我们无从知晓最终改革方案颁布前上述项目是否会重新开放。
评论方式，发送邮件至 email@example.com 并辅以“Regulatory Amendments 422/177 and 421/17”作为邮件标题。
Proposed Expression of Interest Amendments
The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD) is seeking public input on proposed amendments to Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General) and Ontario Regulation 421/17 (Approvals under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program and Other Matters) made under the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015 (Act). The amendments would introduce an Expression of Interest (EOI) system for the following Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) streams:
- Employer Job Offer Category (Foreign Worker; International Student, and In-Demand Skills streams);
- Masters Graduate; and
- Ph.D. Graduate.
Under an EOI system, individuals would register with the OINP and be placed in a selection pool. Individuals would then be required to provide personal information and other labour market and/or human capital information that would form the basis of any Invitation to Apply (ITA).
An individual’s EOI would be scored based on the information provided in their EOI. The OINP would review the scoring and issue ITAs to select EOI registrants. Registrants who received an ITA would be eligible to apply for nomination under the OINP.
- In order to implement this proposal, amendments would be made that would authorize the director appointed under the Act to:
- Conduct either a general draw, or a targeted draw of select EOI registrants;
- Score prospective applicants based on information in the EOI;
- Determine and publish EOI point allocation to the OINP’s website;
- Allocate points to various factors (e.g. level of education, language, etc.)
- Issue top scoring potential applicants in each category an ITA.
For housekeeping purposes, the targeted draw authority would be extended to Express Entry streams that currently utilize an ITA-like system.
An EOI system would allow Ontario to:
- Increase the OINP’s labor market responsiveness and better respond to regional labour market needs;
- Strategically manage high demand for the OINP thereby creating more predictability for applicants and employers; and
- Manage OINP intake in a way that prioritizes the most suitable applicants.
Proposed Technical Amendments
MLTSD is seeking public input on proposed technical amendments to Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General):
- To better align with the Canada-Ontario Immigration Agreement, to amend the regulation to expressly require that employment positions under the Employer Job Offer Category streams are urgently needed.
- To amend subsection 5(2) to align with the language in subsection 5(1) such that the reference to information in subsection 5(2) is accurate and correct and not misleading or does not reasonably lead to an error in the administration of the Act.